This method of updating a Cobra DVR wipes the system configuration and overwrites the operating system. Recorded footage is kept as this does not affect the HDD.
- Download the correct Emergency Update file for your DVR from www.cctvcommunity.co.uk. Check you have the right model name.
- Plug a USB memory stick into your PC. The filesystem must be in FAT32 format.
- Open the .zip file from your Downloads folder. Inside this file is another folder, named EMERGENCY_FW_UPGRADE
- Extract this folder to the USB drive. You can do this by drag-and-drop, or use the Extract option at the top of the window.
- Turn off power to the DVR and insert the USB stick into any port on the DVR.
- Turn on the power and wait for a black screen and white text to be displayed.
- Wait until the message changes and the DVR starts beeping.
- Remove the USB stick and reboot the DVR.