Explorer will not install the ActiveX add-on, what can I do to get this working?
You are using Internet Explorer 64bit. You will need to use the 32 bit version
-To do this, click the 'Start' Button and start typing 'Internet Explorer'
You should see two entries, one that is just 'Internet Explorer' and a second that has '(64-bit)' at the end.
- Select the Internet Exploerer without the '(64-bit)'
The Security settings may be preventing the installation. To overcome this you can add a security exception for the DVR
. To set this folow the steps below:-
- Open Internet Explorer
- Go to your DVR address
- Do not Install the add-on at this point
- Select the Tools
(cog icon to right hand side) icon
- Select Internet Options
- Select the Security
- Click Trusted Sites
- Click Sites
- Un-tick 'Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone'
- Click Add
button (your DVR url should be displayed in the add box)
This will add this to the list below
- Click Close
- Set the Security Level for the zone to Low (slider bar).
- If the slider is not visible, click Default Level
to restore this, then drop the level to low.
- Click OK
- Refresh the page, it should prompt to install the ActiveX control
- Confirm to installAnswer 3:
If you are running Internet Explorer 9, you may need to run through compatibility mode.
This is the button to the right of the address bar that looks like a broken page.
When it is in blue, it is enabled.Answer 4:
If you are running Internet Explorer 11, you will need to add the site to the compatibility list. Click the cog icon at the top right, Compatibility View Settings, then add the site URL to the list. Close this window then refresh the page.