Explorer will not install the ActiveX add-on, what can I do to get this working?
You are using Internet Explorer 64bit. You will need to use the 32 bit version
-To do this, click the 'Start' Button and start typing 'Internet Explorer'
You should see two entries, one that is just 'Internet Explorer' and a second that has '(64-bit)' at the end.
- Select the Internet Exploerer without the '(64-bit)'
The Security settings may be preventing the installation. To overcome this you can add a security exception for the DVR
. To set this folow the steps below:-
- Open Internet Explorer
- Go to your DVR address
- Do not Install the add-on at this point
- Select the Tools
(cog icon to right hand side) icon
- Select Internet Options
- Select the Security
- Click Trusted Sites
- Click Sites
- Un-tick 'Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone'
- Click Add
button (your DVR url should be displayed in the add box)
This will add this to the list below
- Click Close
- Set the Security Level for the zone to Low (slider bar).
- If the slider is not visible, click Default Level
to restore this, then drop the level to low.
- Click OK
- Refresh the page, it should prompt to install the ActiveX control
- Confirm to installAnswer 3:
If you are running Internet Explorer 9, you may need to run through compatibility mode.
This is the button to the right of the address bar that looks like a broken page.
When it is in blue, it is enabled.